Communications and Marketing Intern
The Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Intern to assist the Communications Director in increasing awareness and participation in TIEC programs.
TIEC is committed to advancing campus internationalization across its consortium of 31 public colleges and universities across the state of Texas. TIEC is embarking on a new strategic plan to augment its existing capabilities and programs that help educators in Texas and around the globe form institutional partnerships, share academic and research resources, and leverage faculty and administrative expertise to benefit all their constituents. Its main division, the Texas Intensive English Program (TIEP), facilitates study abroad and teacher training programs in Austin, Texas as well as hosts a pathway program for international students looking to improve their English and gain entry into a Texas university.
About the job:
Reporting to the Communications Director, this part-time, non-exempt position offers the opportunity to grow professionally and gain new skills in marketing and communications while providing creative input to help achieve goals for a mission-driven non-profit organization. The individual will help analyze markets and take ownership of creative strategies for marketing TIEC programs. The goal of the internship is to let the individual grow professionally and to be able to take ownership over projects.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for communications, marketing, and have a highly organized and creative mind who is ready to participate in a wide range of projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Assist in marketing and communications promotional activities in digital and print media
· Help with international market analysis to determine where in the world TIEC programs will find the most success
· Give input on marketing and communication strategies for the organization
· Assist with the tracking and building of the marketing calendar
· Provide support on The TIEC Gazette and other TIEC publications
· Provide support for marketing campaigns including, but not limited to printing, compiling and building lists, keeping track of project timelines, etc
· Organize and log marketing materials
· Support website maintenance projects including, but not limited to making content updates, organizing content, etc.
· Assist in social media posting, content creation, and special projects
· Support the marketing team with minimal daily administrative tasks
Enrolled full-time or part-time in a university or college and studying marketing, communications, or related field
Ability to multi-task and take initiative
Hardworking and positive attitude
Familiarity with social media platforms
Strong verbal and written communications
Experience in digital editing and Adobe Creative Suite
Experience in marketing and public relations
Previous leadership experience
Fluency in a language other than English
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org, with a resume, cover letter, list of relevant coursework, and a recent writing sample (social media, blog, academic paper, etc). Please put “Communications and Marketing Intern” in the subject line.
Interns who successfully complete a 12-week internship with TIEC will receive a $500 stipend award. As we understand you need a work/life balance, we will do our very best to offer flexibility in work schedule.